Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Monday 18 July 2011

The future is now

Last Friday we had the final "graduation-good-bye-take-care-best-wishes" event at our school.
It was really nice to be back on the school campus, meet classmates and teachers. But it also felt so weird riding my bike on my erstwhile way to school, parking it next to all the others, walking into the assembly hall, as if nothing had changend.
And suddenly it struck me, this feeling of being in between things, to have terminated one period of life but haven't started a new yet. In the last weeks, this kind of freaked me out, but than I started feeling really happy. I thought about how lucky I had been: my schooldays were such a great experience, I met so many dear friends, I had so much fun and learned so much.
But it's good, that it is over now, because I am so so ready for something new.
All these years when I heard the word "future", I thought of being a University student, living on my own, in an other town. And now it is right around the corner, happening at this moment. All these life-changing alterations are just a blink of an eye afar.


At the celebration in our school we all got a balloon with a card on it, where we could write down our wishes and than let them be carried away with the balloon.
The funny thing was, I didn't know what to write. At this moment I wasn't afraid or worried what the future could bring, I was just looking forward to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!