Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Monday 3 May 2010

A21 Campaign



Today my friend Ramona posted this video on facebook.
I did know that women and girls are forced into prostitution but I didn't know that this is happening to so many of them.
I think this is shocking and horrible and I am ardent about the A21 campaign, that there are people who don't stay in this shock but actually DO something. 
You can visit the website of the A21 campaign and see what you yourself can do.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished reading the first 2 books in the trilogy by Stieg Larsson:
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    THe Girl Who Played with Fire
    The Girl Who Kicked the HOrnets Nest

    Human trafficing and abuse of women are the main themes of these books. It is speculated that Larsson was murdered very shortly after delivering the 3 manuscripts for these books to his publisher. He was an investigative reporter just like the protagonist in his books. THIS IS A MAJOR WORLD PROBLEM. Thank you for your post, Britti. Perhaps it will help others see the need for action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging about it. The A21 Campaign suggests 21 ways you can get involved, blogging is one of them. We can make a difference!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!