Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Cross-ways

I have a very good friend, her name is Miriam. We met in 5th grade and ever since we have been best friends. We sat next to each other in every class and I think our teachers were very annoyed with us because we talked and talked and talked.
I like to think back to these days, we had such fun times and I think there really is no one who makes me laugh like she does. We also had really deep conversations about god and life and she was one of the few people I could actually tell things and she just got it.
Well, one day, I don't know about what we were talking exactly, but she said:

"Accept the situation, make a decision, and then bear the consequences."

This advice stuck with me.
Sometimes I am in a situation and I am not entirely sure what to do, so I just stay passive and see how things turn out instead of thinking what seems right to do, take action and make a decision.
And then live by it.
I guess this is part of growing up - living responsibly.
Think, than do.
Still not too good at this.
And I must say often it is no fun. Some decisions are hurtful.
And bearing the consequences can be very tiring.
But the consequences of being passive are often worse.
And the certainty to do the right thing, even if it is uncomfortable, helps a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!