Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Sunday 18 December 2011

In between

The first term is over. The university is deserted, almost everyone went back home to their families already.
I just finished writing my last essay, my bags are packed and I am ready to go home.
I have to wait two more days before I'll go back home.
It is nice to be here and to have no work and so be able to explore the town a bit more, to just watch a movie, write my diary, play the guitar.
But in my thoughts I am already back in Germany. Anticipating Christmas, planning dates with friends and skiing trips with my dad.
I'm somehow in between two homes.
Lately I often feel like being in between.
In between being adolescent and adult.
I am going my own way, living my dream, but I'm still not there.
And I don't even know where and how and what there is.
This state is a tad scary but I like it. Everything is wide open.
And I am excited for the future.
But equally - or even more - I am excited about the here and now.

1 comment:

  1. I love this in between state because it forces us to stay happy in the between, to trust God that He has this amazing masterplan. And it is what university is about. Becoming yourself. Finding out who you are. Finding your path. And dream. Discover. Explore.
    love you!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!