Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Monday 28 November 2011

Life lessons

The most annoying question on a birthday is probably, "And.. how do you feel with ... (number of birthday you are celebrating)? Do you feel older and wiser?"
(I always ask this question to people who have their birthday - sorry for that).

And of course the answer is no. Just because it is the day you happen to be born a couple of years ago, you are not wiser and you feel exactly the same as the day before.


But sometimes there are days... days full of life lessons.


Days that are so hard that you think they will break you.
Days that teach you that exaltation and anxiety are sometimes coming hand in hand.
Days full of confrontation, days that demand the plain truth, even if it hurts.
Days where right and wrong are just vague terms.

Dealing with days like that and not running away from them is what I am currently learning.
And sometimes I wake up in the morning and I feel older. More grown-up.

I still feel more like a child than a grown-up. And not wise at all.

But I am a work in progress.



Sunset in Riehen, Summer 2011

2 comments:

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!