Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Sunday 13 June 2010

Trip to the US Part I : New York Day 2

On our second day in New York we experienced a little of New Yorks manifoldness. 
In the morning we took the subway to Chinatown where we strolled through the streets, shoot many, many pictures and went to Starbucks. I know, that's not really "chinatownish", but we found out that you can drink a lot of bad coffee in the U.S. (no offense but we like strong coffee) and so Starbucks became sort of "the café of our trust".
We also walked through the Streets of Little Italy and Soho where we stopped at a lovely little Restaurant called "Soho Garden". 
Then we took a subway to Brooklyn where my dad and me went to a bass shop and my dad tested some "Sabowsky-" (or something like that) Basses.
Then we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge. So beautiful!
On the other side we saw some street dancers who danced to Micheal Jackson Music. Really cool. We saw the Ground Zero and walked through Wall Street. 
A day full of contrasts! 



In Chinatown:















Lunch

Brooklyn









Brooklyn Bridge

















Back in New York









Ground Zero





3 comments:

  1. love your pictures of Brooklyn Bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there is soooo much to see and do in NYC, but please don't tell me you missed Central Park???? The park is my most favorite part of the whole city--it has everything. History, music, horses, gardens, lakes, boats..... Ah well, at least you have a reason to go back again. Did you have a fun trip? Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York looks like such a great city. I can't wait to go.

    I'm stopping by from SITS to say hello.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!