Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Thursday 23 February 2012

Moments

In my room hangs a sign above my desk saying:
"day by day old joy comes back to me" 
It's a line from a Noah and the Whale song.
For the last couple of months this line became my personal motto.
I decided to leave all the bad stuff behind,
to make a fresh start, to learn to love myself.
To shut up those voices
that are telling me that I am not enough.

And suddenly there were so many moments filled with pure happiness.
Feeling the sun warming my face,
admiring the first signs of spring,
being invited to pancake parties,
sitting in tiny living rooms full of people and dogs and laughter and love.
Reading Tolstoi while listening to Led Zeppelin
and let literature and music indulge my soul.

And now I am here
writing
without wondering whether it is good or bad
or what people might think.
Just doing it because
it fills me with joy.

via weheartit




1 comment:

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!