Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Friday 13 January 2012

Homeland

Tuesday I came back to Lancaster.
I love this city, I love University, I love the independence I have here.
But I swear, I never felt so homesick.
Those three weeks at home were so genial.
Having my mum or my brother wake me up in the morning, eating breakfast together with the family at a nicely set table in our living room, cooking in our kitchen with the view on the river rhine and having all the fancy ingredients on hand that I want to use.
Walking a few blocks to watch "Flecki mein Freund" with my best friend and her sister, going to electro partys and dancing the night away - all that feels like pure luxury to me now and I miss it so much.
Don't get me wrong - I love my life here. It is just sometimes easier to be at home, being the "little princess", secure and protected.
But I chose and I am choosing again to be here. To grow up. To be thankful for what a good life I have, in Germany and England. And for having two homes.


1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to have a loving home to visit and re-energize you! Good for you for stretching your horizons and growing.
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!