Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Thursday 5 May 2011

Breathing Earth


Check out this link. 
It's a visual real-time simulation that displays the
 carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions, birth rates, 
and death rates of every country in the world.


The people who know me, know that environmental issues are a of great interest to me and that I desire to live as environmental friendly as possible. 
But often I feel overwhelmed by the things I should and could do, that I don't know where to start. And I often feel so help- and useless. Like one person couldn't make a difference. 

But I think if we all start to "reduce, reuse, recycle" a bit more, it will make a difference. 
And so I give my best and start with little things like driving my bike whenever it's possible and do not take the car, buy fruits from Germany and use recycled paper. I know there's more that I could do, but I'm a work in progress.



pictures via weheartit

3 comments:

  1. i feel the same way sometimes--so overwhelmed. but you're right, if we all do one thing just one thing--if everyone in the world did one thing then just imagine. i gave up eating meat, i take public transport, but i could buy locally and use less. i love this post--i wish everyone would read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i love that title: "breathing earth"

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes we must do something. I have a little post-it here saying "Just because you can't do much, don't do nothing."

    Britta, ich hab Dcih schon so lange nicht mehr gesehen. Hoffentlich bald?

    Allerliebste Grüße!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!