Favourite Scribblings

                                                   

Friday 7 May 2010

Thank God it's Weekend



First: I'm sorry for being so lazy with blogging and commenting the last weeks, but I was a little busy with school but the week after the next one will be better. I hope. On Thursday I had a presentation at school and I worked on it till four o'clock in the night... I'm still tired. But thank God it is finally weekend! I still need to do a lot for school but at least I can sleep in! And tomorrow I will visit Larissa, the girl on the picture. She's amazing. I love her so much and can't wait to spend time with her!



So... Friday! Let's fill in some blanks!

1.  My favorite book growing up was     a book named "Britta". But I didn't liked it just because it bears my name! It's about this girl Britta who does nothing else than horse riding and curry horses and so on. I really loved horses as a kid. I still do   .



2.  The funniest book I've ever read was     probably "The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass" by Adrian Plass. I love his humour .

3.  The one book that has truly changed my life is      The Bible. I think there are a lot of books that I could mention besides because so many books influences me and change the way I look at things. To mention just one "Chasing the Dragon" by Jackie Pullinger .

4.  If you're looking for a real "tear jerker" you should probably read     "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini. It's just one of the most amazing books I've ever read. But really sad though    .



5.  If I could meet any author living or dead I would want to meet    Erich Kästner. I once did a paper about him and I think he just has a really interessting life. I also would love to meet J.D. Salinger. I love his books   .

6.  The next book on my "to read" list is      "The Shack" by William P. Young   .

7.  If I was snowed into  remote cabin in the woods and could only choose three books to bring with me I'd bring      my Bible, the Brockhaus Encyclopedia (24 volumes make up this complete book... does it still count as one?) and "Flabbergasted" by Ray Blackston. This is such a summerfeeling-happy book. I read it every year in my summer holidays, would be a new experience to read it in winter :)    .



Such a lovely theme! I heart books!
I think I gonna read a little tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm dropping in and following from Friday Follow. The Shack is a good book. I've been told you either hate it or love it...no in between. I enjoyed it. My mom hated it.

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Kite Runner! Did you read his other one (I'm spacing the name at the moment)? It was good, but so sad! I had a hard time finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Friday Follow and following you now on GFC as Thrifty Canucks
    Visit my blog and follow if you can, please.

    http://www.thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am following you from Friday Follow;-)

    Thanks
    Jeanette Huston
    http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments sweeten my day! Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!